A home renovation or extension is a huge undertaking. Make a start by using our checklist to help with your renovation planning. Then contact JDC Builders and let us create the home of your dreams!
What do you want from your renovation?
- Take some time to think about how you live and how you use the different spaces in your home. Consider how your family might change over the next five years - will you have another baby, teenagers that need a space of their own or a parent come to live with you?
- Do you prefer open plan living spaces or do you want to be able to close an area off?
- Is your kitchen used solely to prepare meals or is it where your family gathers and guests congregate?
- Do you need to add a bathroom or ensuite? A ratio of one bathroom to three bedrooms is considered the minimum by today’s living standards.
- Great storage makes for clutter free living. Consider what you need to store in each room and create solutions that maximise the space and make use of nooks and crannies.
Set a realistic budget.
Decide how much money you want, or can afford, to spend. An experienced builder can give great advice on what can be achieved within your budget. Don’t compromise on the quality of products or materials used. Your builder can help by recommending products within your budget that have great performance and durability.
Needs versus wants.
Keeping in mind what you want from your renovation and your budget, it’s time to make some decisions. Use our checklist to identify what’s important for your family.
Jeremy has always been a star for us and we don’t know what we would have done without him over the last three years. He has personally saved me from disaster at work and with home renovations several times.